We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When choosing a snack for a child, we should have one rule - the dish must be healthy and processed as little as possible. Let's develop proper eating habits in a young man and let us be an example for him. There is a lot of truth to the statement that until the child knows the taste of chips, sticks, ready-made cakes and carbonated drinks, he will not miss them or demand them.
What is worth to treat a toddler?
- Dried fruits- whereas the moisture-free fruit that has been packaged and displayed on the store shelf has a lot of calories, it is good to prepare several portions of this crunchy dish at home. Let's give them a baby who has mastered the biting skill. Sliced bananas, apples, pears, apricots and plums are suitable for preparing healthy chips. The fiber contained in them will favorably affect the digestive system, provide a large dose of vitamins and energy. If we decide to give the child a ready-made, buy mixture, let's burn it with boiling water in advance. In this way, we will get rid of the sulfur that builds up on its surface, used during product maintenance.
- Vegetables in various forms - the child is a small connoisseur of culinary art. If a dish visually does not suit him, despite our sincere intentions, persuasion, various fortels, most likely it will not be consumed. Vegetables are such grateful products that give us a huge field to show off, that it is impossible to resist them. Vegetable food in addition to attractive appearance (rings, stripes, slices, bars) should also have the right consistency. Vegetables are best steamed. The cauliflower or broccoli rosette prepared in this way can be handed to the toddler and let him eat it himself. Older children who enjoy the very fact of biting and like crunchy dishes, give them a raw carrot, a piece of kohlrabi or radish (watch out for novelties). If you have a bit of fantasy and several types of vegetables at hand, you can compose a remarkable salad that will take the shape of a flower meadow, colorful cottage or playground.
You've ever had the opportunity to eat carrot fries? The boat-like pieces of vegetable are baked with the addition of herbs (basil, thyme, oregano) in the oven. If your child notices what appetite you are eating such a snack, he certainly will not refuse to try it.
- muesli - light, but nutritious, energetic and quick to prepare. It is worth proposing to the children who make their first friendships in kindergarten a self-made snack. Rye and wheat flakes are its pillar. They can be enriched with fresh or freeze-dried fruit, i.e. those that have been dehydrated due to freezing and sublimated ice crystals. They resemble tiny sponges. When we add milk (even modified) or yogurt to them, they change their appearance and taste. In this case, strawberries, currants, arum will work best. To diversify the dish, you can add a little nut, containing a large dose of magnesium. A good solution will also be the addition of sunflower seeds, pumpkin or linseed. Remember not to sweeten the muesli for no treasures.
- Corn chips - a perfect crunch that will not harm a small tummy consists of corn flour and water. The addition of salt, which makes the snack disappear quickly from the plate, is undesirable. In their favor speaks of the fact that they bring relief during teething, massaging the gums, and as a gluten-free meal can be served to up to seven-month-old babies. With a wide arc, avoid all snack modifications, which are dyed, salted, prepared in fat, enriched with the aroma of pizza, cheese, bacon or crunchy peppers. Although they will appeal to small gourmets, unfortunately they will also contribute to circulation problems, clogging the stomach will take a desire for a full-fledged dish and most importantly promote weight gain.
- biscuits - you can bake them yourself or use ready-made ones. If you are circling between shelves of supermarkets in search of a tasty packet of biscuits, make sure that their components do not include: leavening substances (e.g. E 503), salt, artificial colors and flavors.
Proven recipe for homemade biscuits
At home, you will create a tasty snack made of 4 eggs, 100g wheat flour, 50g sugar, 50g potato flour. Just beat the proteins to stiff foam, slowly add yolks to it and combine with flours. The components should be gently mixed together so as not to damage the fluff formed earlier. Using a spoon or syringe on a baking tray lined with baking paper, apply / squeeze portions of cookies and bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for a quarter of an hour.
- Rice waffles- those intended for infants and young children were made from selected cereals, most often grown on organic farms. Due to the fact that they are round and have the right size, they fit perfectly into a small handle and stimulate eye-hand coordination. For older children, bring in waffles made of mineral-rich dark rice. Rice wafers also work as a sandwich, on which two-year-olds can put a slice of lean meat, a little cottage cheese, or yellow cheese.
- Something to drink- do not forget about the daily dose of liquids adjusted to your child's weight and needs. Homemade fruit compote will quench your thirst not only during the ending summer, but also after returning from the playground. Still mineral water, diluted juice squeezed from fruit and vegetables growing in the garden will be a valuable source of vitamins and minerals and will prevent constipation.
Unhealthy snacks for children
- Hard candy, lollipops, sweet chewing gums, jellies- colorful, terribly sweet sweets contain ingredients that contribute to the growth of our child's hyperactive behavior, artificial colors (in particular those marked with symbols E 104, E 110, E 122, E 124, E129) and instead of sugar - aspartame.
- Ice cream- smurf, balloon, Marshmallow foam flavors - the additives they contain make it difficult to concentrate, cause insomnia, make the child irritable and nervous. Also, the popular Italian ice cream machine and popular augers are often based not on milk, butter, fruit and eggs only on water and unhealthy components such as guar gum and palm fat.
- Chips- deep-fried, seasoned with a decent amount of salt, although they belong to the most-liked snacks, they will cause more negative consequences than the desired effects. If you don't feel like peeling potatoes, cook porridge or rice. It's a healthier and faster, and often cheaper alternative to high-calorie fries.
- Cola, lenses, drinks, black tea- luscious, with a negligible amount of fruit, pretending to be traditional juices (check on the carton, how much fruit is present in a given juice or drink) contribute to the formation of caries. However, tea hinders the absorption of iron from food.
First crisps, Hipp, after 7 months
Price: 4.20 PLN
For their production was used organic cereal, millet and corn, and vitamin B1. They contain no salt, sugar or genetically modified components. They are suitable for babies who are not yet given gluten. Because peanuts are used in the manufacturing plant, trace amounts of these may appear in the product.
The shape of the crunchy fits perfectly for little hands. They are thin and long. They are characterized by a pleasant corn aroma. Unfortunately, they are very hard and tasteless, but they dissolve quickly in the mouth, so the risk of choking on them is relatively low. My child reluctantly reached for them. Considering the packaging capacity, it is quite an expensive snack.
Miśkopty, Nestle, biscuits for babies after 9 months
Price: PLN 12
Aesthetically designed shape that the toddler likes. Cookies are shortbread, but extremely hard and sweet. They reminded me of traditional butter Petit Beurre. Daughter didn't like it. She did not eat a few pieces until I dipped them in milk. A convenient cardboard box contains two packages of cookies.
They are not suitable for babies who are struggling with the problem of cow's milk allergy and cannot tolerate gluten and lactose. The manufacturer enriched them with 7 vitamins, a dose of iron and calcium. They are difficult to get in small food discount stores.
Rodine biscuits with vanilla flavor were made for Jeronimo Martins in the EU
Price: 1.99 PLN, available at Biedronka
Depending on which batch I hit, they are either very soft and clearly fresh, or unpleasantly hard and dry. The most eaten snack in my home. Although analyzing the composition, I'm not sure about the correctness of my decision:
Wheat flour, eggs, sugar, potato starch, glucose, emulsifiers: E 471, E 475, raising agent: E 303 (ii), rapeseed oil, aroma, salt, color: beta-carotene.
A properly selected snack is a great way to give your child pleasure and show him how much we care about his happiness. And you, what snacks do you choose at your homes?