Every morning Irene dragged her heavy backpack and sad eyes past the costume shop before going to school. Every morning Irene would stop to observe the mannequin dressed as a witch that, with a threatening look, looked back at him on the other side of the window. And every morning she sighed before dragging her heavy backpack back to school.
Irene dreamed of becoming a witch. She wanted him every day, every night before sleeping, every morning before entering class with her eyes downcast. Irene wanted to be a wicked witch, the kind with the wart on her nose and the messy hair, to scare the children who didn't understand her.
Irene wanted to have a book full of enchantments. If I did, Irene would do the following:
1. It would always be summer, so as not to have to go to school (Irene had just changed countries and had not finished adapting to the new language, French).
2. I would turn children into cats (He loved cats).
3. I'd make the fish taste like chocolate (And the thing is that Irene didn't like fish at all).
One day like any other, Irene stood in front of the window of the costume shop and made her wish: I want to be a witch. And just as he was about to leave, he heard a laugh. It wasn’t just any laugh, it was a real bad witch’s laugh.
- Yes, yes, don't look at me like that. I'm the one who laughed - the witch spoke in a deep voice - Well, you want to be like me ...
The witch asked her why she wanted to be like her and Irene told her everything: how little she liked going to school, how badly he got on with his classmates, how unpleasant the taste of fish seemed to him ...
- Well, what a thing! This is no reason to become a bad witch for life ...
And he finished his sentence with some strange words that Irene did not understand. What he did know right away is that something had changed. The witch had turned her into a cat!
- No, no, no, no ... the cats have to be them ... not me! - Complained to the witch.
- Bah! I am a bad witch and I do what I want. Or what did you think? What was going to help you? That is why I found you a fairy. You will be a cat until the hex is broken.
Irne the cat headed towards the school. As soon as she saw her, a couple of classmates approached her ...
- See what a beautiful cat. What will you do here at school?
Before long, all the children in her class were surrounding Irene, filling her with candy and wanting to play with her. They took her to class and left her in a corner, surrounded by comfortable cushions. It was so nice to be half asleep there, while the teacher taught math. The girl was surprised that now, as a cat, everyone paid attention to her. They even brought him fish ... and he liked it better than chocolate! Now that was weird. It really was very good cat.
But when I was thinking that, Irene-cat, who was walking calmly through the schoolyard, heard some grunts and in the distance she saw a huge German shepherd running towards her. Very scared, she climbed to the top of a tree. Irene-gata felt more fear than ever in her life. Still, he managed to get rid of the dog.
Irene-gata began to wander the streets and without realizing it, ended up making the usual way and planting herself in front of the window of the costume shop. The mannequin dressed as a witch was still there.
- Bad witch! Look what you've got! I almost ended up in the claws of a dog ...
Irene-cat heard the witch's evil laugh and her deep voice again.
- But you have overcome it, just as you will overcome your problems with the school children. There is no use running away, or wanting to be a bad witch. To solve a problem there is only one solution: face them. So, I don't want to hear you complain in front of this window again. Show those children that you are as interesting and fun a girl as them (or more). And he finished his sentence with some strange words that Irene did not understand. She was a girl again!
And the witch was a simple mannequin again on the other side of the window. Irene went home thoughtful. She didn't tell anyone about her experience as a cat, but that night, when Mom put the fish on the table, Irene ate it eagerly. It was delicious!
You can read more articles similar to Irene wants to be a witch. Children's Stories, in the category of Children's stories on site.