We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Children can also get heartburn, also called gastroesophageal reflux. This occurs when food, liquid, or acid from your child's stomach back up into the esophagus.
To deal with this ailment in addition to going to the pediatrician as soon as we observe the first symptoms such as vomiting or swallowing problems, cough, voice changes, swallowing problems, irritability or lack of growth, we can take into account these homemade recommendations to prevent these annoyances from increasing in the child.
1. Avoid spicy foods, caffeinated drinks and chocolate.
2. Raise the top of the mattress from the child's crib or bed and try to get him to lie on his left side.
3. Avoid smoking or other people smoking near the child as this can increase the symptoms of GERD.
4. It is important that the child does not play sports or exercise after eating because this can cause digested food to pass from the stomach to the esophagus causing heartburn.
5. Drinking a cup of water with a few drops of lemon juice and half a tablespoon of baking soda can also reduce acidity.
6. Eat alkaline vegetables such as beets, radishes or carrots reduce gastroesophageal reflux.
7. Chewing gum after eating helps produce more saliva which neutralizes heartburn.
8. Avoid tight clothing on the abdomen after meals to prevent heartburn from getting worse.
9. After eating prevent the child from lying down immediately after ingestion to prevent stomach acid from going up into the esophagus.
10. The child should have dinner at least three hours before going to sleep and eat a light meal to avoid causing heartburn during sleep.
Cristina González Hernando. Editor of our site
You can read more articles similar to 10 home remedies for children's heartburn, in the category of Mental Disorders on site.