We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
During the summer or in places where heating is overused, you have to carefully monitor the hydration of the little ones. It is convenient that you offer them a constant drink and that you opt for foods that provide an extra dose of hydration.
Here is the list with the most hydrating foods for children (especially recommended in summer).
Within the group of fruits, we find many hydrating foods. Many of the summer fruits provide large amounts of water.
1. Watermelon: this fruit contains 92% water. It is a purifying and very hydrating fruit; it also contains vitamin C, which helps heal wounds and form scar tissue. Watermelon is one of the foods richest in citrulline and arginine. Both play a fundamental role in the cardiovascular field. In the case of children with diabetes, consume watermelon in moderation, as it quickly raises the glycemic index.
2. Melon: contains 92% water. It is a powerful purifier, with diuretic and refreshing properties; it also stimulates digestion due to its high fiber content. Melon is rich in vitamin C and vitamin B9 (folic acid), which has a protective function against certain diseases. Finally, it contains potassium, essential for the growth of the body.
3. Orange: orange contains 87% water. This fruit is rich in vitamin C, which has a high antioxidant, refreshing, remineralizing, detoxifying power, strengthens the defenses, facilitates digestion and protects the heart. It is ideal to take it in juices without forgetting to include the pulp to take advantage of all the nutrients.
4. Pineapple: the fresher the pineapple, the more its delicious flavor is appreciated; It provides us with minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, iron, copper and zinc, and vitamins of the B complex and vitamin C. Besides having a high water content, pineapple helps us with digestion; It is detoxifying, antioxidant, antiparasitic (it has the ability to fight certain parasites) and antiallergic (helps against pollen allergy).
5. Strawberries: strawberries contain 92% water; they are rich in vitamin C, potassium and magnesium; they also have a color and flavor that is very well accepted by children. Since it is a fruit that can cause allergies, it is advisable to introduce it after 12 months (the same is recommended for red fruits).
Vegetables They also offer tons of hydration to children:
6. Zucchini: This vegetable contains 96% water; It gives us potassium, which is a mineral that is part of the bones. Zucchini is rich in fibers that promote intestinal contraction and evacuation. It is a vegetable that can be consumed raw in salads or also cooked as a scrambled egg. When cooking it, do it with little water to avoid losing the nutrients.
7. Tomato: contains 94% water; rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, which repairs and maintains bones and teeth. There are numerous varieties available throughout the year, but it is preferable to eat them in summer to take advantage of their maturity.
8. Spinach: they contain 90% water; They are well known for their high iron content, they also contain calcium, potassium, zinc, vitamin C and group B vitamins. They can be eaten raw, cooked or sautéed.
You can read more articles similar to The 8 most hydrating foods for children, in the Infant Nutrition On-Site category.